Lamar County School District
Virtual School is an option for students to learn at home through online instruction provided by educators within Lamar County Schools as well as academy instructors (ACCESS Courses).
- Parents who select this option will need to submit an application form to your child's local school no later than Monday, August 2, 2020.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the challenging nature of the program, a two-week trial period ending Tuesday, September 1, 2020 will be offered to first-time virtual learning students. If at any time after that date it becomes apparent that your child needs to return to traditional instruction, Lamar County Schools prefer that the student remain in virtual learning until the beginning of the next nine week grading period.
- Students enrolled in virtual learning are assigned coursework that comes completely from a digital platform (SchoolsPLP or ACCESS).
- SchoolsPLP will be delivered in the form of assignments via our learning platform known as Schoolology.
- ACCESS courses will be facilitated by virtual academy instructors as in the past.
- Students enrolled in virtual learning will not attend school in an on-campus manner.